I Know You- Craig David ft. Bastille Review

Image result for craig david i know youHonestly, I only listened to this song because Dan Smith was the guest vocalist on it, and I've never listened to Craig David ever. This is the third single from the UK R&B star's upcoming sixth(?) album, which is destined to dominate UK charts.


The song has a very slick production quality to it, with dark hip hop drenched sub bass, keyboards, and doubletime hi-hat beats. The repeated electronic refrain of "I Know You" is well synthesized, unlike the auto tuned or intentionally synthesized beyond word(but not sound) recogmition pervading modern pop. The first verse by Craig David launches in to the duet chorus, which in turn breaks back down to the hook and then Dan Smith's excellent verse, which ties the whole "I Know You" theme together. The  Dan Smith line "Strangers start to look like friendly faces/ I'm a little unsteady on my feet" epitomizes the whole song, which is the communal feeling of after hours stumbling through the streets, and which Dan Smith was practically born to do. The song ends with a buoyant bridge, which again breaks down to the hook/chorus which ties the song neatly together.

This song is pretty good, and I'm glad it was made. I don't know if it will definitely chart in the UK, but will probably chart, and I hope it becomes a hit in the US too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard - EP- The Neighbourhood Review

Wonderful Wonderful(Deluxe)- The Killers Review

Life Is Beautiful- Coldplay Review