Ride- ISLAND Review


Ride by ISLANDI'd been hearing about ISLAND for a while before I listened to A Place You Like EP, Girl EP and The Day I Die, the first single for their next album. They're pretty good, but they're still room for improvement, which the three singles (this being the third) for Feels Like Air have shown is coming. Try was a bit weird because it was synth based, pretty much the first ISLAND song to be like that, and feels like a chill, ISLAND remix of a random megahit. The Day I Die is a perfect alternative anthem, and feels destined for play on every alternative radio station from San Francisco to London, and is perfect for the task, if a bit slow.



The riff is what I would already call classic ISLAND, very clean and almost palm muted, cascading down from somewhere far above. Then comes the powerful vocals of their frontman Rollo Doherty, which occasionally has to pull them out of a lethargy, but not in this song, which probably has their best drumbeat yet. Let me tell you, the riffs and that kick drum will make ISLAND more Legendary than Welshly Arms (haha ha   ha I know that wasn't funny).

I don't really have anything to say except Feels Like Air should be pretty good, and I'll probably catch them if they tour in the US later this year.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard - EP- The Neighbourhood Review

Wonderful Wonderful(Deluxe)- The Killers Review

Life Is Beautiful- Coldplay Review