Simplify - Young The Giant Review

Finally! Young The Giant is back, and they're coming out with an album (hopefully) this summer. I really hope they release more tour dates, because I narrowly missed them at Central Park last summer, and now it seems like all four dates they have in New York are inconvenient. Well, whatever. I can't do anything, so I'll just enjoy their new album as much as I've enjoyed their last two - immensely.The first thing that really strikes me about the song is the range of moods, tones and volumes they can go through in one song. They go from blazing guitar and shouted vocals to melancholy strums and whispered promises in a very short time, and pretty much accomplish it and make it work.The song is also excellently crafted, with all the right instruments at the right times, and very catchy but not extremely meaningful lyrics. The second verse is definetely the best, but the deepened vox echo effects really threw me for a loop, but they actually work. The bridge starts very angry but then gets very sappy, then runs right  back into the chorus and guitar fueled victory lap to finish the song. I think this song could have better lyrical content and better tones on all the instruments, but I'm just being picky. This album will definitely be amazing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard - EP- The Neighbourhood Review

Wonderful Wonderful(Deluxe)- The Killers Review

Life Is Beautiful- Coldplay Review